If you’re looking for the best cheap sewing machine, then you’ve come to the right place. I have compiled a list of some of the best cheap sewing machines in the market to help would-be seamstresses, beginners or just those on a tight budget find the right machine for the right price.
Whether sewing is your passion or you simply need a machine to get started, it is always a good idea to have a sewing machine at hand. Sewing your own clothes or bits & pieces for the home is very rewarding and budget-friendly. Buying the best affordable sewing machine can actually help you save money around the home in the long run.
Obviously, everyone has a budget of their own, and there is no point in looking for high-end machines if they do not suit your own personal budget. These days it’s easy to find good cheap sewing machine especially if you’re prepared to do a bit of research. You can find many great but cheap sewing machines for sale on Amazon.
So let’s get into it and find you a cheap but good sewing machine!
This Guide Contains:
- 1 Best Cheap Sewing Machine 2017
- 2 Best Cheap Sewing Machine Reviews
- 3 Where to Buy Cheap Sewing Machines
My Top Pick
If you don’t have time to read my whole article and just quickly want to know the best inexpensive sewing machine then I would go for the ….
Best Cheap Sewing Machine 2017
This table will help you quickly establish the best affordable sewing machine 2017 for your needs. You can sort this table to find best budget sewing machine based on your preferred functionality like number of stitches, auto button holes and the types of feet attachments provided with the machine.
Best Cheap Sewing Machine Reviews
These more in depth sewing machine reviews of the cheap sewing machines I’ve mentioned in the table above should help you pick the right machine for your needs.
The Brother XM1010 is among the cheapest Brother machines you will ever find. At under $100 it is a great price for the machine you’re getting and my pick for the best low price sewing machine.
If you’re a beginner you can’t go wrong with this as the best low budget sewing machine to get started on. The model is easy to use and is especially popular among people who want to learn how to sew. It is definitely the best budget sewing machine 2017 if you don’t have much cash to spend.
- Includes thread cutter, auto bobbin, needle threader and 4-step auto size buttonhole
- Includes accessory storage built into free arm
- Features LED lighting for workspace illumination
- Ideal for novice users
- Includes bilingual user’s manual and 5-accessory presser
- Lightweight, compact design
- Not suitable for countries that do not support 120V AC
- Not suitable for skilled and professional users
At a glance, the SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine is every tailor’s and designer’s dream. This is the best value sewing machine if you still need something heavy duty.
This SINGER machine is a heavy-duty machine that has countless convenient features that can benefit you, helping you turn your hobby in to a passion.
- Incredibly fast sewing machine that works at 1,100 sewing stitches per minute, allowing you to work at a faster pace
- 110-volt machine, specially designed for United States and Canada use only
- 1 automatic, 4-step buttonhole
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- Super fast machine and easy to use
- Includes several convenient features
- Fairly good sewing machine for its price
- No push button features
- No computer connectivity and does not have touch screen
The Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine is a best seller computerized sewing machine that is available at an incredibly reasonable price. If you have a little bit more money to spend, then go for this over the cheap Brother sewing machine that I’ve mentioned above.
It many easy built-in features that make the sewing machine easy to use. Additionally, the machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- 130 stitches sewing font for basic monogramming
- Special quilting features include quilting foot, detachable wide table and 14 quilting stitch functions
- 27 built-in stitches including zigzag, blind hem and decorative stitches
- Includes brightly lit LED work area
- Includes a user and quick reference guide
- Automatic button holder that adds convenience
- Wide array of stitch collection
- Foot lever could have been located in a better spot
- Pressure of the presser foot lever is not adjustable
There’s no rule that says your sewing machine has to look boring! The Janome 13512 is a Hello Kitty sewing machine that is sure to turn heads because of its adorable, bright design. Not only does the machine look great but it performs well too. All this makes it the best sewing machine for kids to get started sewing with (but if you’re an adult there’s no harm in loving it too!)
- Adjustable stitch length
- Vertical oscillating hook bobbin system
- Internal aluminum frame
- Needle can be adjusted to left and center position
- Attractive design, available in 3 colors
- Capable of heavy-duty sewing
- Fully functional sewing machine at an affordable price
- Great for both kids and adults
- Does not include an automaticthread cutter
- Does not include built-in needle threader
The Brother CS6000i is the best cheap computerized sewing machine. The versatile machine is value packed and includes a variety of accessories. The Brother CS6000i is a great sewing machine for people who enjoy completing large projects as the machine offers an oversized table.
If you’re after the best reasonably priced sewing machine that still has a tonne of functionality for more advanced seamstresses then this is it.
- Includes stop/start button
- Variable speed control
- Simple to use LCD display
- Adjustable stitch selector
- Easy threading
- Great value for the money
- Oversized table ideal for larger projects
- High speed capability
- Tension is manual and controlled by a dial
- No automatic embroidery function
The 5 affordable sewing machines I’ve mentioned above are among the best in the market. Despite their low price, you will not be disappointed with speed and performance. These cheap sewing machines are proof that you need not spend a fortune to get your hands on a brilliant product. Whichever sewing machine you decide to purchase, be sure you keep your skill level and low budget in mind. Really though, you can’t go wrong with any of these choices.
I hope my reviews of the best budget sewing machine 2017 have been helpful to you in making your decision.
Where to Buy Cheap Sewing Machines
In my experience, the cheapest place to buy sewing machines is online at Amazon. This way tou can have your pick of whatever machine you like when you purchase online rather than relying on what is in stock in a store. You can buy cheap sewing machines online by clicking on any of the links I’ve added to the post above allowing you to quickly and easily choose the best budget sewing machine for your needs.